[Ambassador Sin Son Ho, the DPRK ambassador to Canada and Permanent Representative to the United Nations headquarters in New York, expressed his “deepest thanks” to CanKor Editor-in-Chief Erich Weingartner for the message of condolence on the death of DPRK leader Kim Jong Il. A PDF file of the signed letter on UN Mission letterhead can be found here. The text of the letter is as follows. –CanKor]
New York, 12 January 2012
Dear Mr. Erich Weingartner,
I would like to express my deepest thanks to you for your message of condolences on 19 December 2012 on the sudden passing of His Excellency KIM JONG IL, General Secretary of the Workers’ Party of Korea, Chairman of the DPRK National Defence Commission and the Supreme Commander of the Korean People’s Army.
Your message of condolences in sharing the sorrow with us represents a great support and inspiration to our people, who have turned their grief over the loss of their leader into courage and strength and are fully resolved to surely build a socialist prosperous and powerful country, upholding the behest of great leader KIM JONG IL and single-mindedly unite around His Excellency KIM JONG UN, Supreme Leader of the Party, State and Military of DPRK.
Sin Son Ho
- Death of Kim Jong Il: Official DPRK Announcement (CanKor.ca)
- DPRK Mourns Death of “Dear Leader” (CanKor.ca)
- The DPRK Interregnum: Window of Opportunity for the International Community by Victor Hsu (CanKor.ca)
- Is Canada quietly feeding North Koreans? by Erich Weingartner (CanKor.ca)
- CanKor Report #340: Islands of Probability in a Sea of Uncertainty (CanKor.ca)