The May 2011 edition of this monthly international business report, edited in Beijing, has been made available to CanKor by its editor, Paul White. Please check it out here.
Titles of articles found in this issue include:
- Evangelist Franklin Graham visits DPRK
- Golfers invited back to Pyongyang
- Delegation from China’s Exim Bank tours NK
- ROK Buddhist delegation visits NK
- Penguin character joint NK-ROK production
- DPRK, ROK invited to field joint table tennis team
- NK mineral exports surging
- Dot KP domain assigned to Star
- 3G subscribers in NK pass half-million
- Start due on DPRK-China Yalu River Free Trade Zone
- Rason Zone copies China opening blueprint
- Kaesong workforce up 11%
… and a number of other items. There is also a commentary on DPRK leader Kim Jong Il’s recent trip to China, plus a selection of tours to the DPRK that are open to the public.
The editor sends a correction to the information contained in an announcement of a seminar that will be held in Beijing on 26 July 2011, entitled “Linking the economic power of China, Mongolia, North and South Korea, and Russia”. Only after the newsletter was sent out, organizers indicated that the Russians will not be attending, and the media will not be invited.
Please feel free to consult the full issue by clicking on this link: DPRK Business Monthly Volume II, No. 4.